NESA batting clinics for the 2018 softball season.
Batting clinics are open to girls from all age divisions, and will be held at the Oxford Heights Community Centre on Sunday evenings from 5:30 to 9:00PM beginning on January 7th, 2018 and running every second Sunday until spring Break.
U10 players will attend from 5:30 to 6:30, and U12/U14 will attend from 6:50 to 7:50, and U16/19 from 8:00 to 9:00pm.
Space will be limited, so please register early.
Cost for clinic $80.00
We will be offering basic skills clinics for girls in the U10 to U19 age groups, as well as development clinics for pitchers and batting.
The cost for the clinics are $70.00 for Skills clinic, $100.00 for Pitching and $80.00 for Batting.
All clinics start in the first week of January, and run until Spring Break.
The batting clinic will run every 2nd Sunday till spring break.
Dates and times for these clinics are as follows:
- U10 Skills (2008-09)-Mondays, starting January 8th @ Radisson School from 6-8 pm
- U12 Skills (2006-07) - Tuesdays, starting January 9th @ Joseph Teres School from 6-8 pm
- U14 Skills (2005-04)- Thursdays, starting January 11th @ Westview School from 6-8 pm
- U16/19 Skills (2003-1999)-Tuesdays Staring January 9th @ Radisson School from 8-10 pm
- Pitching Clinic (All ages) - Wednesdays, starting January 10th @ Arthur Day School from 7-10 pm
- Batting Clinic U10-5:30-6:30pm U12/14-6:50-7:50pm U16/19 8:00-9:00pm Starting Sunday January 7th. @Oxford Heights Community club.
Please use our online registration form to register your player(s) for these clinics.
Player evaluations for the 2018 softball season are coming up. If your daughter is interested in trying out for the 'B' Team at their age level, they are required to attend NESA's player evaluation session(s). There will be separate sessions for general skills, batting, and pitching.
General skills evaluations are scheduled as follows:
- U10 (2008-09) - Monday March 19th 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Radisson School
- U12 (2006-07)- Tuesday March 20th 6:00 to 8:00 pm Joseph Teres School
- U14 (2004-05)- Thursday March 22nd 6:00 to 8:00 pm Westview School
- U16 (2002-03)- Tuesday March 20th 8:00 to 10:00pm at Radisson School
- U19 (1999-2001)- Thursday March 22nd 8:00 to 10:00 pm at Wayota School
Batting and Pitching Evaluations will be held on March 17th at Skylight Complex, 140 Harrsma Street
- U10 - 1:30 PM to 3:00PM
- U12 - 3:00PM to 4:30 PM
- U14 - 4:30PM to 6:00PM
- U16/19 TBA
Please register your daughter in the age group for their birth year.
All players must be registered with their club for the 2018 softball season prior to attending NESA player evaluations.
Please use our online registration form to sign up for player evaluations.
In December, 2007 a plaque was presented to Debbie Baron, on behalf of Softball Manitoba and the North East Softball Association, for her efforts and dedication to the sport of Softball. This plaque is on display at Chalmers Community Centre. Debbie Baron was involved in NESA as well as Chalmers Community Club for many years. Due to her involvement, the sport of softball in her community grew strong. The North East Softball Association, in her honour, selects a volunteer for this award annually to keep her dedication to the sport alive.